Farm Owners Insurance

Many small farmers in Massachusetts and Connecticut live on their farms with their families.  This unique mix of residential and commercial conditions creates an equally unique set of potential hazards and liabilities.  That’s why O’Connor Insurance Agency offers a customizable farm owners insurance plan to help protect local farmers from these risks.

A standard farm owners insurance policy provides broad coverage for a few key areas:

  • Dwelling coverage – If you live on your farm, farm dwelling coverage pays for repairs for building damage caused by a fire, storm, or other named peril. In addition to your primary farm dwelling, this can include garages, sheds, rental properties and other adjacent structures.
  • Personal property – Likewise, this coverage provides for repair or replacement of furniture, clothing, tools, and other belongings in your farm dwellings if they are damaged, destroyed or stolen.
  • General liability – Protects you from legal action if someone is injured or suffers property damage while on your premises.
  • Loss of use coverage – Pays for hotel costs or temporary living expenses for you, your family, or your tenants if the dwellings are rendered uninhabitable.

Note that this type of policy is designed for basic individual or family-run operations.  If you have specialized equipment, transport livestock, operate a farm-stand on your property, or have other specific needs, talk to one of our agents to find out more about appropriate amendments or custom policies.

Don’t leave your home and livelihood open to risk.  Contact O’Connor Insurance Agency today for more information about farm owners insurance for your local farm.